The North Bay Regional Health Centre, Service of Orthopaedic Surgery is seeking a General Orthopaedic Surgeon to join its team.
The successful candidate will be allocated resources in the hospital operating room and outpatient fracture clinic and will be expected to participate in the Orthopaedic on-call roster, providing emergency consultation & surgery services.
NBRHC is an affiliated academic teaching centre with NOSM University and our service is involved in teaching medical students and residents.
Known as Ontario’s Gateway City, North Bay is located 3.5 hours north of Toronto and 3.5 hours west of Ottawa. With a population of 54 000, it is a safe and welcoming community that offers a healthy and balanced environment for working, living and raising a family. North Bay boasts beautiful scenery, four distinct seasons of activity, a diverse economy and a state-of-the-art regional health centre.
North Bay Regional Health Centre is a unique health care organization with three primary roles: providing acute care services to North Bay and its surrounding communities, functioning as the district referral center providing specialist services for smaller communities in the area, and it is the specialized mental health service provider serving all of northeast Ontario. For further information about the NBRHC please view www.nbrhc.on.ca, https://northbaydocs.ca.
- RCPSC orthopaedic surgery certification
- Community orthopaedic skill set, including experience & comfort with community orthopaedic trauma
- A fellowship in foot & ankle reconstruction would be an asset.
- CPSO Independent license to practice orthopaedics
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (2 doses)
- This position will be remunerated through a combination of OHIP fee-for service billings, a lucrative Northern Specialist Alternative Payment Plan, & Hospital On-Call Compensation (HOCC) stipends.
- In addition, NBRHC has a competitive Incentive Package which includes a $25,000 return of service stipend, $25,000 practice start-up grant, assistance with relocation expenses, and up to $83,000 via the Northern Rural Recruitment & Retention Initiative
For additional information on practice at NBRHC, please contact Chastity Saudino, Medical Affairs Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.